Isla joins us today with a personal story that really hits home with me. She talks of losing a family pet but finding joy in another - that really the only thing you can do is open your heart and love again. Grab your favorite drink and read Isla's story of Birdie...
I came home from grocery shopping a couple of weeks ago and on the kitchen counter, commanding the attention of my husband, my daughter, the dog and the Siamese cat was a collection of fuzzy feathers and a big, wide-open orange beak. I wanted to say, “Oh, no, no, no. This is all going to end badly. C’mon, everyone, back to your senses,” but I couldn’t get a word in edgewise. A baby mockingbird was throwing a tantrum. Birdie wanted num-nums, and she wanted it N-O-W.
She scampered over to me and gave me that look. “You have to feed her!” I yelled at my husband. (You’d think after eight years of motherhood I would be impervious to such obvious displays of manipulation.)
No comments:
Post a Comment